By continuing to use the Site and/or using the products and services made available to you on the Site, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
We will never sell any information about you to anyone. We are part of a larger company and we may share information with our parent and affiliated companies.
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), JAPAN GOURMET (UK) LTD ("We") are the data controllers (as defined in the Act) of the personal data (as defined in the Act) which we collect from you or which you provide to us through the "Site". We guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the Act to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
What Information do we collect?
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us. We collect and process the following data:
- "Personal Information" comprising:
- Your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password
- Information which you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Site;
- a record of your correspondence if you contact us at email@example.com
- Information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address and Top Level Domain), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Site ("User Information"). This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may also collect the above personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us. If you are using a data capture form then add the following:
We will send you information according to the preferences you submitted via our data capture form. If you would like to change these preferences at any point, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you can also write to us at:
JAPAN GOURMET (UK) LTD
9 Aria House
5-15 Newton Street
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses japan-gourmet.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of japan-gourmet.com on other Web sites.
Mobile (if applicable)
When you download or use apps provided by JAPAN GOURMET or its affiliates and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
A Cookie is a small file placed on you computer when you visit a website. We use 'cookies' to keep track of your current shopping session to personalise your experience and so that you may retrieve your shopping basket at any time. Cookies also enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches, and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from JAPAN GOURMET by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
You agree that:
- The Personal Information which you provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail email@example.com.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- You will keep your registration information secure and not disclose it to any third party.
Marketing (if applicable)
- Please note that your information may be used to send you details of those products or services that we offer that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you. If you indicated any preferences when providing us with your data, we will use these to determine what information we provide you with.
- If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving communications from us, or would like to change the channels (such as email or post) that we use to contact you, please contact us at [provide the email address here]. Alternatively you may wish to write to us at [provide the postal address here].
- From time to time we would like to be able to pass your information to carefully selected third parties that offer products or services that we have identified as likely to be of interest to you.
- We will only do this if you have opted-in to receive such communications, for example when you completed a data capture form or placed an order with us.
- By entering into an agreement with us when you (select from the following as applicable): placed an order, entered a competition or prize draw run by us or on our behalf, or joined our membership, you have consented to this use of your data.
Your right to access Personal Information
You have a right to access the Personal Information that we hold on you. If you would like to see a copy of any information we have related to you, or you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect, please send a written request to the address shown below. If you are requesting a copy of information a £10 fee is payable.
For UK Consumers
In addition, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you or, alternatively, by visiting our e-mail newsletter preference center.
IJAPAN GOURMET gives you periodic information so you can stay up to date on what we are offering. You can easily unsubscribe at any time you want by calling our customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org or by the following unsubscribe link, which is contained in the e-mail. It takes some time to put opt outs in effect so you may still receive emails from us for several weeks after your request is received.
IWe also use your e-mail address to confirm your order and to confirm shipment of your order and to respond to any inquiries you make on-line.
How does JAPAN GOURMET use the information collected?
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we do not share your information with any third parties other than for the limited, explicit reasons specified below; neither are we in the business of selling it to others.
The Personal Information are shared on a limited basis from time to time to send postal mail and e-mail, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyse data, provide marketing assistance and provide customer service.
We will only disclose data to:
- Other companies within our Group of companies
- Business partners
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies
- Successors in title to our business
- Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis.
- We share Personal Information and User Information with our parent company and affiliates. We share it on a limited basis with agents we use from time to time to send postal mail and e-mail, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyse data, provide marketing assistance and provide customer service.
- We use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered. In addition, if you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information regarding a new collection, new products, new store locations, or upcoming promotional offers or events.
- If you do not wish to receive any communications form JAPAN GOURMET or otherwise wish to remove your name and Personal Information from our list, please contact us at email@example.com.
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personal information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this policy.
In the case that JAPAN GOURMET, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Links to third party websites
Certain links within the Site may be to other unrelated third party companies that offer you the option to share your personal information with them. We will not share your Personal Information with those third party companies.
How secure is your information? We are committed to offering our customers a safe and secure environment. Our servers utilise SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology to help protect your personal information. By using an SSL-compatible browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you can help ensure that your personal information is processed confidentially.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information, in our possession, may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate or required by law, we would endeavour to do so as promptly as possible, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. By using this Site, you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Questions and enquiries related to this policy should be directed to:
JAPAN GOURMET (UK) LTD
9 Aria House
5-15 Newton Street
Last Updated – December 2014